In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 544
Online now 783 Record: 3990 (6/13/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
David, 22, born in Gwinnett Co. and graduated Parkview High School. Currently in Birmingham, AL and graduating from Samford University (I see you DAWGinBAMA) in about 1 month, and looking for a job so yall feel free to help a Dawg out. Mom's side of the family is all Tennessee so for the first 7 years or so I was a Vol and all about Peyton Manning. Fortunately I came around and decided state loyalty is more important. Also, remained a Dawg even with a cousin playing for Auburn (Trotter), but still gotta show the family some love. Dating a Hoosier, no idea how that happened, but she's pretty good to me and I'm just enjoying life. Wanting to spend a few years on a beach somewhere or managing a hunting plantation someday. Reminded daily of how good God has been to me.
Went to Brookwood so I am glad to hear you are at least a DAWG fan. I'm just kidding with you. I actually spent a lot of time in the Parkview area as I went to Church at Mtn Park 1st Baptist and played little league baseball at Mtn. Park. I knew J. Francoeur when he was just a little kid running around the ball fields. If you need some help with a job when you graduate send me a PM.
This post was edited by DAWG in BAMA 2 years ago
SEC football might be a religion, but Georgia football is life. It simply gets no better.
God needs a Safety on His team. RIP 21
"....All I ask is that he be loyal to Georgia, proud of that jersey, and try like the devil to win." --- Wally Butts
And you thought noone was gonna comment. :P
"We just stepped on their face with a hobnailed boot and broke their nose! We just crushed their face!”
Yeah. I am very surprised. Didn't have internet over the weekend. Awesome to see so many contributed. I wish I had done this sooner.
DAWG in BAMA if you were commenting back about Samford I can't see it because of my lack of MVP status. (College boy hasn't ponied up the money yet)
That should help you out Sprite!
This post was edited by cdcraw550 2 years ago
The Empire Strikes Back Like A GURLEY Man
Certainly preciate ya craw. And DAWG in BAMA, you gotta go be kidding me, that's where I go to church, been there about 12 years I guess and I live across the street from the Park when I'm not at school. Francoeur is actually my roommate's brother in law, real good guy.
Thanks for the help there...
I went to Mtn Park from 85' till 97'. My father coached little league with Francouers dad. I played with his older brother, DJ for years. I would be willing to bet we know a lot of the same people. My parents still live in Atl and attend occasionally. Robert Woodall was the Pastor when I was there and Richard King led the Youth Group.
My name is Jamie Calloway I just turned 36 years old today. I am originally from Pensacola, Florida and moved to Macon about 7 years ago. I went to school at Pearl River Community College in 1994 where I played football for a year and half (tore up my ankle and lost my scholarship). I finally graduated from Macon State College last summer with my bachelors in History but I am still trying to find a job. I have a very cool story of what made me become a UGA fan. Growing up I never really followed college football that much I have always been a huge Denver Broncos fan (John Elway). I did go to a lot of FSU games growing up but never really got bit by the bug. The games were fun but I never really commited to a certain team. Anyway, so when we first moved to Macon I got a job at a vetrinarian hospital and my boss is a huge booster of UGA. One day he asked me if I wanted to play in a UGA charity golf tournament. Of course I jumped at the chance but mainly because I love golf. So when I showed up at the pro shop I instantly figured out that I was supposed to bring someone with me to play as a partner. Unfortunely I did not know anyone esle here. So after talking with the people who were putting the event on they told me "don't worry about it we will find somoeone to play with you". Well they put me with Coach Terishinski (spelling). We also played with a SEC official and Damon Evans. I don't know if you guys have ever seen coach T up close but he is a daunting man, but was very nice to me and we talked football all day. Needless to say I became a fan of UGA that very day, went home and started watching Georgia football that day.
I have learned a lot since that golf tournament and I am so thankfull we ended up in this state. The passion I now have for Georgia goes way beyond any golf tournament, here are a couple of things I love about Georgia (the state and team)
1. I love that my daughter was born here in Macon, it makes me so proud.
2. I love that the Cox cable guy came over a couple of weeks ago and we talked about Georgia football for an hour and 15 minutes.
3. I love that Georgia above all else stays classy
4. I love game day and tailgating with friends and family and always with people I have never even met
5. I love being up on Lake Oconee or Lake Sinclair fishing and watching everyone scrambling around getting ready for the game. There is just nothing better than the smell of a campfire and freshly cut grass.
6. I love that 3/4 of the clothes in my daughters closet have a big G on them
7. I married a die hard LSU fan, born in Bush Lousy Anna and she tries to turn my 6 year old to the dark side every season but Alex my dughter knows where she's from. I really love the rejection my wife and in-laws get when they try to get her to root for LSU.
8. I love that this state is still COUNTRY!!! not hillbilly and not really redneck, we are just country
9. I love being at Waffle House at 5:30am before a fishing tournament and talking to all the guys going out hog hunting, turkey hunting, and deer hunting.
10. And finally...... I love that everyone in this state is football educated and I can stop and talk to anyone on the side of the road about recruiting, Hershel, Hairy Dawg, Mr. Munson or just about anything else, and I always seem to learn something I did not know.
Don't get me wrong folks I love Pensacola, and sometimes I miss growing up on the docks of the Gulf, but I have a growing respect for Georgia and if it's up to me I will die and be burried under a pine tree in the red Georgia clay.
ONCE A DAWG, ALWAYS A DAWG, HOW SWEET IT IS!
GET AT ME ----- E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org ----- TWITTER: @GentryEstes247 ---- FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/dawgs247
This post was edited by DostaDawg 23 months ago
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports